Friday, April 6, 2012

Being A Part Of The Adelaide Cabaret Festival

This year's 'look' by artist David Bromley
The coolest thing in the world happened last year. Well, other than having a beautiful daughter of course. I was asked to be involved with my favourite festival, the Adelaide Cabaret Festival. Officially my title is "Adelaide Cabaret Festival Committee Member" and I'm amongst esteemed company, with other people involved including the one & only Kate Cebarano (who is the Artistic Director this year), long time friend Paul Kitching, scandal King Matt Gilbertson, Cabaret Festival Frank Ford & more.

Aisde from getting to know exciting information ahead of the public, I'm also able to meet with this inspiring group of people on regular basis.

One such get together happened last week, which meant that we had this year's Festival program revealed to us ahead of the Saturday launch.

As I was away in Sydney for the weekend, this worked out perfectly for me as I didn't want to miss the big news!

I'm excited to say that this year's Festival has kept former Artistic Director David Campbell's dream alive, as Kate Ceberano has take the bull by the horns and delivered a cracker of a line up.

If you haven't had a chance to check it out yet, here's the link to all the info on Glam Adelaide.

Hope to see you there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sure is an honour Kel - totally agree! I have always loved the AdCabFest as well and an now enjoying being an advocate of this brilliant event - happily spreading the word! and the word is CABARET!!! Have locked in the shows I plan to see already - bring on JUNE! X pk
(PS, great blog, keep it up!)