Wednesday, December 14, 2011

My Summer must haves from Liza Emanuele's Boutique

I'm not sure if it's cheating or not to own my 'must have' fashion pieces for this season, but rather than talking about aspirational items, I'm lucky enough to have these in my wardrobe at the moment.

Here is what I love right now from the Liza Emanuele Boutique on King William Road.

Ignore the Winter clothing - this was taken in London. Pay attention to the bag.
My favourite handbag is from After The Apple (see above). This demon of a bag holds EVERYTHING and has both a shoulder strap, which is sensational for travelling, as well as shorter woven handles for toting around. Leather (of course), the After The Apple bags are designed in Australia by a woman who used to design for Mimco. I love her style and how unique each bag is. They are currently stocked at Liza Emanuele Boutique and retail for around $600.

Here's a more detailed photo (and the colours are more true to form).



My next must have for this season, is a versatile black dress.

Look at the dress, not the sensible ballet flat for walking.
This dress is also from Liza Emanuele Boutique (yes I stocked up before I toured Europe) and is extremely comfortable to wear, while standing out from the crowd. People in Europe and back home in Australia, all assumed I bought this in Paris. No. I just wore it there. This is a great dress for work, dressing up for a cocktail/NYE/Christmas party, or dressing down with flats and spending the day shopping on the Champs Elysees.

No, you can't have my best accessory. He's not for sale.
Next up - a great, lightweight Summer frock from Liza. This gorgeous design was the perfect dress to wear to the Church for one of my best friend's weddings. The neckline is stunning and luckily for us, Liza designed several different versions of this dress with different fabrics. I thought this was a one-off wear dress when I picked it out of the rack, but since the wedding I've worn it a dozen times. It's my new favourite, particularly on hot days.

Lady in Red
For my finale piece - who can resist a great gown. This beautiful Liza dress had to be taken up as I'm pretty short (5'3") but now that the length is right, this dress will always fit me. As it's a wrap dress, it can shrink & grow as my culinary trends vary over the coming months/years. The fabric is soft and billowy, and the dress truly feels like it was made for me. This gorgeous number comes in a variety of colours and is guaranteed to turn heads. Definitely a must have if you have a more formal event coming up.

Check out what's in store at Liza Emanuele Boutique at 147 King William Road, Hyde Park or visit the website at http://www.lizaemanuele.com/

No comments: